Tecroveer Design Features on Horizontal Aerators
The Tecroveer range of horizontal aerators are available in the following sizes:
Horizontal aerators : 2 kW to 55 kW
Special Design Features Include:
- Removable stub shafts with alignment bolts.
- TNO Cage rotor to restrict deflections.
- Aerator supplied with gantry fitted on walkway over gearbox.
- Positioning of aerator is not fixed. Extra staircase can be supplied.
- Aerators are supplied with a velocity baffle that will deflect the surface velocity to the floor of the reactor. This enables the aerators to operate in water depth of up to 4m deep. Research literature available on request.
Design Features improved on in 1999:
- Lubrication points from bridge walkway including a high-pressure clip-on grease nipple complete with grease gun.
- Taper lock bush fitted to each coupling for easy removal. Split bearings are no longer required as the coupling and bearing can be easily removed by loosening the grub screws on the taper lock bush.
- Access to bearing and coupling is via hinged walkway plates complete with step irons. The size of the workspace has been increased to ensure a bigger workspace to facilitate maintenance.
- The splash plate water seal is no longer a friction seal but gravity dry seal. This enables us to shape the seal with a static and dynamic section and should the bearing for whatever reason collapse the two part seal will carry the load. The rotating seal is bolted onto the aerator flange and the static seal is bolted via the splash plates onto the bridge frame. The aerator can run on the seal for a couple of days without causing any damage to the shaft. The two part seal is manufactured out of steel and can be easily replaced on site.SA Patent No. 95/3360